Many women and men find that a smooth, flat stomach may be difficult or impossible to achieve through diet and exercise alone, but a tummy tuck can help. By removing excess skin and fat, and repairing weakened abdominal muscles, a tummy tuck can help restore a more flat and slim tummy.
Slimming the Tummy Area
A tummy tuck may be right for you if you are dissatisfied with:
- Saggy skin hanging around your midriff
- Excess fat and skin protruding from your abdominal area
- Weakened or separated abdominal muscles
Your abdomen may have always had this appearance, or we have found that many of our patients are left with drooping skin after weight loss, which can eliminate fat but not stretched skin. Oftentimes another factor can be pregnancy, which can stretch the abdominal wall, leaving those muscles inelastic and loose. A tummy tuck may be the right way to address these situations and to restore a slimmer tummy appearance.
You may still be a good candidate for a tummy tuck if the fat deposits and extra skin are concentrated in a small area beneath your navel. Liposuction may also be an option either in addition to a tummy tuck, or by itself to remove fat when the skin is not stretched and saggy.
Is It Right for You?
The only way to know if you can benefit from a tummy tuck is to visit Dr. Gonyon. During a consultation, you can tell Dr. Gonyon what you would like to improve in your abdominal area or other areas of your physique. Then he can explain if a tummy tuck can achieve the goals you have in mind and answer your questions about the procedure.
You can discuss the following factors with Dr. Gonyon during your consultation, as they may affect your results:
- Are you near your ideal weight? If you continue to lose significant weight after a tummy tuck, more excess skin may result. You should be under 30 pounds from the weight you want to maintain.
- Do you plan to become pregnant in the future? A tummy tuck will not interfere with a pregnancy, but the pregnancy is likely to change the results of your procedure, stretching the tightened muscles and skin.
A tummy tuck is an effective way to create a flatter, smoother stomach that is more proportionate and complimentary to your overall body shape.
If you are interested in getting a tummy tuck in Longmont, Fort Collins, Greeley or Loveland, Colorado, or Wyoming and Nebraska, please contact Gonyon Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery to schedule a complimentary consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Denis Gonyon. Our office can be reached online or by phone at (970) 624-7979.