Did you catch a glimpse of a double chin in the mirror? Perhaps you have noticed a little extra fullness under your chin during a Skype or Facetime conversation. Regardless of when you first noticed it, a double chin may cause you to feel bad about the way you look. Fortunately, an innovative injectable melts double chin fat without surgery. To find out if Kybella® is right for you, please call Gonyon Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery at (970) 624-7979.
Melt Away Double Chin Fat with an Injection
Kybella® eliminates excess fat below your chin. This type of fat is what creates a double chin. You may have this under-chin fullness as a result of your weight, your age or your genetics.
You may find you are left with a double chin regardless of weight loss in other areas of your body. Certain fat cells seem to persist despite any kind of diet or exercise. Kybella® may be the right choice for you if any of the following apply:
- You have extra fat under your chin, also known as "sub-mental fullness"
- You want to reduce the fat below your chin, but not with liposuction or other surgery
- You feel the extra chin fullness is making you look older than you are
- You feel the extra chin fullness is making you look heavier than you are
- You would feel more confident without a double chin
The only way to know for sure if you are a good candidate for Kybella® is to consult an experienced cosmetic surgeon. Dr. Denis Gonyon is a board-certified plastic surgeon with decades of experience. He will help you consider all of the options for which you are a good candidate.
A Quick Recovery
Naturally occurring in your body is a type of acid called "deoxycholic acid." Within your body, it breaks apart and processes dietary fat. Kybella® makes use of this natural fat-eliminating technology. In fact, the active ingredient in Kybella® is a synthetic version of deoxycholic acid. With simple, non-surgical injections, Kybella® eliminates targeted fat cells, allowing the body to flush it out as waste over the next several weeks to several months.
Because it takes time for your body to rid itself of the destroyed fat, you will most likely need more than one injection appointment to reach your ideal results. Depending on your circumstances, you may benefit from anywhere between 1 and 6 injection sessions, spaced a month apart.
During your appointment, a series of tiny injections are made below the chin. The great thing about Kybella® is that it is non-surgical and you can return to your day afterward. You may notice swelling or bruising below your chin, but most people have no problem going back to their normal activities after their appointment.
Why Choose Kybella®?
More people are being treated with Kybella® every day. At Gonyon Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery, Dr. Gonyon can determine if it is capable of melting the fat under your chin after he assesses the amount and condition of that fat. For good candidates, some of the main benefits of Kybella® are:
- Fat cells are gone for good. The destroyed fat cells can no longer store fat, so your results are long-lasting if not permanent. This means once you reach the planned-for results, you should not need any further Kybella® treatment.
- No surgery, no downtime. No incisions or anesthesia is needed with Kybella®. Just a series of small injections.
- Safe and effective. Kybella® has been approved by the FDA as safe and effective for reducing sub-mental fullness. You can rely on proven results and a solid safety record, and Dr. Gonyon will make sure you do not have any issues disqualifying you from candidacy.
- None of the drawbacks of liposuction. Some surgeons offer liposuction for the chin and neck area. Kybella® provides an effective way to reduce sub-mental fullness without invasive surgery.
Ready to say goodbye to your double chin? To arrange your consultation with Dr. Gonyon in Northern Colorado, please call our staff at (970) 624-7979. We serve people from across the region, including the areas of Loveland, Greeley, Fort Collins.